Bessette Gets the Call to the UFC

| January 15, 2018 | 0 Comments

BOSTON – A long awaited dream, Connecticut native and CES featherweight champion Matt “The Mangler” Bessette (22-7) finally received his call to fight in the UFC. Topping off the UFC 220 card scheduled next week in Boston, Bessette will be facing off against Latin America’s Ultimate Fighter 2 winner Enrique Barzola (13-3-1).

“After never getting that call following countless great performances for the CES and Bellator, it made me think that a UFC contract would never be a reality.  The feeling is indescribable.  This is the culmination of years and years of incredibly hard work and dedication.  Spending every day trying to perfect myself all for that small chance of getting that UFC contract,” said “The Mangler”.

During his reigning tenure in CES, Bessette made no secret of his ambition to fight MMA’s best in the UFC. Last year, “The Mangler” finally got his chance after being called to compete on Dana White’s Contender Series in what seemed could be a story book ending for the stand out featherweight.

His dream, for the moment, was put on hold as he fell to former UFC contender Kurt Holobaugh on the DWCS. However, following an unlikely turn of events ruled the bout a no-contest due to Holobaugh improperly disclosing I.V. use. Prior to that contest in July, Bessette was riding a 7 fight win streak, and his impressive resume of wins is what no doubt led to him getting the call again.

“I’m just glad that I’m finally where I’m meant to be,” said Bessette.  No stranger to adversity,  “The Mangler” is ready to show he’s ready to be in the world’s top MMA organization.

UFC 220 will be featured at the TD Bank North Garden on Saturday, January 20th.

.

Comments

comments

Tags: , , , ,

Category: News

About the Author ()

Joe Zarrella is a contributor to MassMMA. Joe can be contacted at josephzarrella@gmail.com or on Twitter @JoezarrellaMA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

<\/body>